Evolution of the Group
Last year represented a period of evolution for the Serocor Group, with an HQ move ranking as one of our biggest challenges yet. ‘It’s not the strongest or the most intelligent who will survive, but those who can best manage change,” said Charles Darwin. And it certainly has been a transformative year.
We know that with the rise of automated recruitment platforms, AI, the renaissance of in-house talent acquisition teams and the uncertainty around the effects of Brexit, that it’s really adapt or die. That’s why we’ve ploughed investment into key areas of the business, opting to grow instead of remaining still. Our 2019 achievements include:
- Moving our HQ to bespoke-designed offices in Portsmouth’s North Harbour
- Increasing our headcount by 30%, expanding into new sectors such as aviation and gaming
- Opening a German business – Orson – going from a team of two to over 14 in Jan 2020
- Expanding our client base, building partnerships with Checkatrade, Bell Integration and many more
- Increasing our bid win rate to >60%
- Transforming 2,461 people’s lives by matching them with the right job
- Winning Feefo’s Gold Standard Award for outstanding customer service
- Partnered with Horsefly Analytics, launching our talent insights service, reporting on talent hotspots, gender diversity and salary & benefits.
Roaring 20s: major announcements
There’s no slow recovery from the excesses of Christmas here. We’re off to a strong start by announcing our US expansion, with ARM Inc. Headed-up by Jacob Canter, our new Detroit team will focus on automotive and manufacturing, initially working in partnership with ARM HQ in Portsmouth. ARM Inc will soon have a web presence and despite just moving into a new office, is already working with 20 existing clients.
Additionally, the Cyber team – who have enjoyed another year of continued growth – are doing their own across the pond expansion. This year will see them build on the work they’ve delivered with US-based clients. This exciting step will open up new client opportunities and help us deliver an even better service to our clients.
Back on home soil, we’re launching a new brand – Serocor Projects – focusing on delivering projects across the breadth of our IT and engineering clients. We’ll offer a progressive approach to project implementation and software-enabled solutions that solve key business challenges. For example, pipeline growth, margin improvement and clarity around supply chain performance.
And if that wasn’t enough, we’re incredibly pleased to announce that we’ve just been awarded a Platinum Service award from Feefo, our independent reviews platform. This recognises our commitment to candidate experience and ensures we’re a trusted partner for our clients. We achieved Platinum status by achieving Gold standard for 3+ years and it’s something we’re incredibly proud of.
To meet our expansion needs, we’re further increasing headcount by 20% this year, with vacancies across our brands, ARM, Optamor, Orson and Serocor Solutions. As such, our focus for 2020 will be attracting top talent to come on our evolutionary journey with us.
To find out more about the Group’s expansion or to have a chat about developments in the industry, get in touch with our experts.